Does my garden room require planning?
Planning permission is not required:
- As long as the room is not to be used as self-contained living accommodation or have an antenna.
- It is no more than 50% of your garden.
- Is not closer to a road or public highway than the original house* itself.
- It is not taller than 2.5m
- It is not situated less than 2.0m from a boundary of your property
- It is less than 30m2 (internal size)
*(The term original house means the house as it was first built or as it stood as of 1 July 1948 (if it was built before this date). Any extension, even if completed by a previous occupier, does not constitute as the original house (unless it was in place before 1 July 1948